An artificial brain to play GO
Developing a computer system that is capable of playing GO at a professional level is one of the greatest challenges facing artificial intelligence research at the moment. This project will look at advanced artificial intelligence techniques to build a humancompetitive professional GO player. The project will develop a large-scale neuralbased system to model strategies at both the tactical and strategic levels of GO. The research will focus on a computational neural architecture for GO inspired by a number of models in human psychology.
Description of Work:
- Understanding neural architectures, strategies, and thinking models
- Understanding a number of architectures and models in Cognitive Science
- Developing a large-scale neural architecture for GO
- Developing multi-stage methodologies for training the architecture
- Testing the competitiveness of the GO player