ACCS provides cutting-edge, long-term, international thought-leadership in cyber security through research, education and external engagement, at a time when cyber security is moving to the top of global political, scholarly and commercial agendas.
The Centre enhances UNSW's existing and emerging research strengths in five broad research areas; computer and network security, risk management, international politics and ethics, law, and big data analytics for security.
ACCS combines expertise from a range of relevant communities; political, cyber industry, defence, academic, individual and organizational users, and media. The Centre brings together researchers from across UNSW, including
- UNSW Canberra's School of Engineering and Information Technology
- UNSW's School of Computer Science and Engineering
- and its Cybersecurity and Privacy Laboratory
- The Australian Centre for Space Engineering Research
- UNSW Law School
- and its Australian Human Rights Centre
- the Australasian Legal Information Institute
- UNSW Canberra's School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- UNSW Canberra's School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences
The Centre builds on close working relationships with both domestic and international industry and government, including UNSW's unique half-century relationship with Defence.
ACCS is grateful to the following firms and organisations for support or partnership so far: Australian Information Security Association, Australian Federal Police, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, Cisco, Codenomicon, Comdate, Elbit Systems, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, (ISC)2, Northrop Grumman, NTT Communications, Nuix, RSA, Symantec, Tier-3 Huntsman, and TokenOne.
To discuss how you can support ACCS, please contact:
Dr Greg Austin
Associate Director Outreach, ACCS, UNSW Canberra
Telephone: +61 2 6268 8897
Email: G. Austin@adfa.edu.au
PO Box 7916, Canberra BC ACT 2610