Centre Manager - ACSACS
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
Centre Manager - Australian Centre for the Study of Armed Conflict and Society (ACSACS)
Australian Centre for the Study of Armed Conflict and Society seeks to be the pre-eminent Australian venue for assessing the past, present and likely future impact of armed conflict on society, institutions, and individuals, with the aim of enhancing public policy and raising community awareness through multi-disciplinary scholarship. The work of the Centre is managed via projects and through thematic pillars that assess Australian responses to armed conflict from policy, legal, ethical, operational, and social perspectives.
This position manages the administration and operations of the Australian Centre for the Study of Armed Conflict and Society (ACSACS) at UNSW Canberra. The Centre Manager will also work with the Centre and wider UNSW Canberra team to expand the Centre’s stable of activities, and will contribute to raising the Centre’s national and international profile.
The Centre Manager will play a key role in developing strong collaborative relationships with the Australian Army, RAN, RAAF, National Archives of Australia, Australian War Memorial, and the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre (ANU).
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will: require:
- Demonstrated skills and substantial experience in management and administration in an academic context, including working with and within teams on on strategic planning, event organisation, communications, budgeting, financial and HR compliance reporting, and network development
- A relevant tertiary qualification
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
To Apply: Please follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal Position Number - 60491, and sign in or register as a new user.
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please email email@example.com