UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Canberra Space sits within the School of Engineering and Information Technology and is becoming the trusted Australian go-to partner for agile Research and Development, Education and Thought leadership in local and global space transformation. It is achieving this by building the capability within the group to rapidly deliver game-changing space missions and payloads underpinned and driven by a programme of academic space science research and technology development. The portfolio of missions in development is rapidly expanding in application areas such as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Quantum communication, Atmospheric trace-gas measurement and Remote Sensing.
The exciting programmes, the fast-paced approach to developing and flying space missions, and the cross-disciplinary team-centred work environment has created high levels of job satisfaction within the members of the team.
This expansion has created an opportunity to join the spaceflight team and take on the challenges of developing and delivering these exciting missions.
About the role
The UNSW Canberra Spaceflight team has the need for a talented Space Electronics Engineer with a background in the design, manufacture and testing of electronic assemblies for its current portfolio of space missions. Working closely with senior electrical engineers, the successful candidate will be expected to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams of space scientists and engineers to deliver innovative electronics spacecraft payloads and subsystems. The successful candidates will join cross-disciplinary teams to deliver these missions working across the full life-cycle; from concept and technology development to design, manufacture, assembly, test, flight operations and decommissioning.
The role calls for technical competencies in the following areas:
- Schematic design and circuit simulation
- Interconnect technology & manufacture
- PCB layout and procurement
- Board level testing
- Integration testing
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Technical excellence in the technical competencies listed above
- The ability to assimilate, process and apply technical and programmatic information from a broad range of technical disciplines and apply them to the delivery of electronic assemblies
- Design and development of electronics assemblies
- Assembly and test of electronics assemblies
- Working in cross-disciplinary teams
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant discipline
Above all, the successful candidate will have a drive to work in a team to deliver our space flight programmes.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. In order to view the position description - please ensure that you allow pop-ups for the Jobs@UNSW Portal. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
To Apply: Please follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal Position Number - 61131, and sign in or register as a new user.
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please email firstname.lastname@example.org