Attention Academics - Course readings for Semester 1, 2017
Are you teaching Semester 1 courses and have a reading list ready?
Do you need to find more resources to support your course?
If so, the Library can help you. Your Liaison Librarian can assist with finding resources to support your course and the Library Course Readings Team can assist with making reading list items available.
What can the Course Readings team do for you?
· We can add print items to the in-library Course Readings Collection, making them available as 4 hour loans
· We can digitise print material which is not available electronically, and provide a link which you can add to your course’s Moodle site (subject to the Copyright Act Part VB)
· We can provide links to licensed electronic material available via the Library’s SearchGateway.
Note: To guarantee access, provide notification at least 3-4 weeks prior to the date you want content made available.
Requests for purchase:
· If you need something the Library doesn’t have, please submit a purchase recommendation. If the item is a nominated course reading, indicate this in the relevant box and include the name of the course
· The Library policy is to always try and acquire books in e-book format as a first preference
· If the item is a prescribed textbook that is not available as an e-book, Library policy is to purchase only one print copy and place it in the Course Reading Collection (on the expectation that students will buy their own copy of the textbook).
How can you make online content available to your students?
You have three options:
2. Provide relevant citation information to your students then direct them to the Library’s SearchGateway to access the resource
3. Get us to provide you with the links. Contact the Course Readings team for assistance.