UNSW is proud to be a founding member of the national Group of Eight (Go8) – a coalition of leading Australian universities, intensive in research and comprehensive in general and professional education.
The Go8 works to enhance member universities’ contribution to the world’s stock of knowledge and Australia’s social, economic, cultural and environmental prosperity. It aims to expand opportunities for Australian students, regardless of background, to participate in world-class higher education.
The Go8 adds value for member universities and for Australia by:
- facilitating collaboration between Go8 universities;
- offering a trusted network through which the leaders and administrators of Go8 universities share ideas and expertise;
- influencing national policies for higher education and university research;
- sustaining quality brand recognition;
- building community support for research universities;
- developing international strategic alliances and networks; and
- benchmarking for performance improvement.