Dr Vu Phi Tran received the B.E. degree in Automation and Control Engineering from the HCMC University of Technology and Education, Saigon, Vietnam, in 2010, the M.S. degree in Mechatronics Engineering from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand, in 2015, and a Ph.D. in the field of aerospace engineering from the University of New South Wales, Canberra, Australia, in 2019. From 2010 to 2012, he was a Lecturer in the Department of Automation and Control Engineering, HCMC University of Technology and Education, Saigon, Vietnam. Since 2020, he has been a Research Assistant, a Teaching Staff, and a Casual Professional staff at the University of New South Wales, Canberra, Australia.
Vu is a member of the Trusted Autonomy research group within the School of Engineering and Information Technology, UNSW Canberra. Vu publishes in high-impact IEEE Transactions journals (e.g. IEEE/ASME Trans on Mechatronics, Industrial Informatics, and Industrial Electronics) and Elsevier journals (e.g. Practice Control Engineering).
Vu has been a reviewer for numerous high-impact control and robotics journals (e.g. IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology and IEEE Trans. on Mans, Systems, and Cybernetics: Systems); in addition to many international conferences.
His current research interests include:
- Adaptive and robust control
- Non-linear control systems
- Consensus and formation control
- Neural networks
- Fuzzy systems
- UAV systems and robotics.
Projects he is currently undertaking and looking to continue to include:
- Machine Learning or Deep Learning to generate the desired formation as well as avoid the unexpected obstacles for a group of robots.
- Auto flight control systems, robust and fast recovery against multiple disturbances.
- Anti-disturbance controllers.