The Master of Strategic People Management (MStratPMgt) is designed to develop middle managers, particularly in the area of people management. Middle managers are recognized as a key element of organizational change, but despite this the majority of courses offered by universities do not focus on the specific people challenges of middle managers. The program is designed for postgraduate scholars and professional managers with appropriate undergraduate qualifications in management or a related discipline and/or extensive relevant professional experience wishing to gain a more advanced understanding of the concepts and principles that underpin strategic people management and effective leadership. The program includes optional research project courses, which enable students to produce a substantial piece of research-based scholarship during their degree.
Program Objectives and Graduate Attributes
At the conclusion of this program, students should be able to:
- Understand systems theory and its implications for implementation;
- Analyse scenarios in ways that reflect specific contexts, dynamics and risks;
- Interpret organisational strategy and developing appropriate, people focused implementation plans;
- Reconceptualise a situation from multiple perspectives;
- Synthesise multiple data sources to create novel scenarios;
- Create appropriate capability for a given organisation;
- Influence behaviour through strategic performance and reward management.