The modern corporate computer network is broad and varied. It is no simple task to defend against known and emerging threats. This course provides in-depth understanding of the technical and policy used in computer and network defence. Numerous cyber defence technologies and their effectiveness against modern threats are discussed. This course is a combination of theoretical underpinnings and practical skills, with lectures reinforced with practical laboratories.
Duration: 5 Days
Delivery Mode: Classroom
In-house: Contact the Professional Education Course Unit for more information and to arrange a quote. Recommended for groups of 10 or more.
What you will receive:
- Comprehensive set of course notes.
- UNSW certificate of attendance.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
This course is well suited to experienced IT professionals who wish to further specialise in offensive and defensive tactical Cyber Operations.
- Conduct basic network security operations activities:
- Conduct threat modelling.
- Deploy network and host-based intrusion detection systems.
- Identify malicious network and host-based activity.
- Link malicious indicators of compromise to build an intelligence picture.
- Classify intrusion intent and damage.
- Apply NSO theory, methodology and frameworks to innovate defensive techniques.
- Provide advice and briefings on threats to both technical and non-technical audiences.
UNSW Canberra Cyber is a focal point for the research of some 60 scholars from various faculties across UNSW who conduct research work on different aspects of cyber security. The Centre is based in Canberra at the Defence Force Academy that provides both advanced research as well as undergraduate and graduate education on cyber security. UNSW Canberra Cyber brings together the biggest concentration of research and tertiary education for the multi-disciplinary study of cyber security in any single university in the Southern hemisphere. A number of UNSW Canberra Cyber scholars, in areas ranging from information technology and engineering to law and politics, have significant international reputations for their work.