UNSW Canberra Cyber is leading national and international collaborative research projects, and educating and mentoring the next generation of Australian leaders and thinkers in the field.
Through training and education, UNSW Canberra Cyber is working to combat threats to national security, the economy and the safety of individuals due to the exploitation of information systems and the proliferation of social media platforms.
Never has the requirement for high-level cyber security expertise and knowledge been greater.
We’re building cyber capability for the future
UNSW Canberra Cyber has invested close to $3 million to building state-of-the art training facilities.
New facilities include:
- more capacity for face-to-face teaching (170 spaces)
- hyper-converged infrastructure and virtualised computing to provide a dynamic training environment for all levels of participant interaction
- capability to create a variety of scenarios and virtual environments for participants to safely learn and enhance their understanding of malicious tools and software
- a digital forensics lab where students are introduced to advanced technical issues relating to electronic evidence collection and analysis
- a SCADA table, allowing students to understand and evaluate the vulnerabilities of critical infrastructure and learn how to secure control systems
We're leading professional education in cyber security
UNSW Canberra Cyber is delivering high-quality professional education short courses ranging from Cyber Boot Camp through to Reverse Engineering, Intrusion Analysis and Response and Exploit Development, delivered over five days in intensive delivery mode.
The university provides participants with appropriate skills to advance their organisation's cyber awareness and cyber resilience.
UNSW Canberra’s master’s by coursework programs range from Master of Cyber Security, Strategy and Diplomacy right through to the technical programs including Master of Cyber Security (Advanced Tradecraft) and Master of Cyber Security (Digital Forensics), and can be obtained in one year of full-time study.
We’re conducting ground-breaking cyber security research
UNSW Canberra Cyber is an important part of UNSW Canberra's Defence Research Institute, which brings together researchers across UNSW to provide Defence with solutions to real life issues. The knowledge generated by members of the institute will support and drive innovation throughout academia, government and industry as well as contributing to the discussions of global policy makers.