UNSW Canberra Cyber is the nation’s largest, world-class, interdisciplinary cyber security research centre. We provide cutting-edge, long-term, international thought-leadership in cyber security through research, education and external engagement. The Centre is crucial now more than ever as cyber security moves to the top of global political, scholarly and commercial agendas.
UNSW Canberra Cyber focuses research across various UNSW faculties to drive new paradigms in the practice of cyber security, and the education of the next generation of cyber security professionals and researchers. The Centre combines expertise from a range of relevant communities: political, cyber industry, defence, academic, individual and organisational users, and the media. We continue to build on close working relationships with both domestic and international industry and government, including UNSW’s unique half-century relationship with Defence.
UNSW Canberra Cyber serves as a national hub for policy related research and education across the full spectrum of cyber security, which includes hardware, software, payload, networks, policy, human factors, organizational factors and the information ecosystem.
- A provider of cyber security for national security as proven through our extensive experience in educating the Australian Defence Force and building military cyber capability
- Informing security policy in cyber space (defence, diplomacy, counter-terrorism, espionage, cyber technologies)
- Informing national policy on civil sector (non-defence) cyber security
- The largest interdisciplinary research centre for cyber security research and teaching in Australia including research in cyber policy and cyber effects
- A provider of cross disciplinary cyber security graduate studies for government and industry
- A pioneer in Digital Forensics education
- Meeting the demand for technical experts who can implement and lead the technical cyber security function in government, industry, law enforcement and Defence via its Highly Specialised Masters Degrees (Advanced Tradecraft)
- Meeting the demand for executives and managers who oversee the cyber security function in government, industry, law enforcement and Defence via its Non-Technical Masters Degrees (Cyber Security Operations & Cyber Security, Strategy & Diplomacy)
- Providing cyber war-gaming, training and exercises via state of the art simulation tools and equipment unique within the Australian university system
- A provider of an extensive array of Professional Development Courses (introductory to advanced) to large commonwealth government departments
- Bachelor Computing & Cyber Security
- Masters Degrees in cyber security
- Doctoral cyber security programs
We also offer an extensive array of professional education short courses to individuals, government and private organisations, which range from introductory level to advanced courses.