Career Transition Mentoring Program
The UNSW Career Transition Mentoring Program aims to support UNSW alumni making the transition from the military to the civilian workforce by connecting them with established alumni and industry professionals. Mentoring offered through this program is intended to provide alumni mentees with access to alumni mentors who have successfully transitioned into the civilian workforce and can share their personal, career and transition experience.
This program is a mentoring partnership focused on developing career skills and identifying career options and goals within the context of navigating the transition from the military to the civilian workforce.
Register as a mentee
Register as a mentor
Frequently asked questions
- Applications close Monday 30 March 2020
- Program commences Monday 13 April 2020
- Program concludes Friday 30 October 2020
Am I eligible to apply for the program as a mentee?
As a mentee you are eligible to participate in this program if:
- You are a UNSW alumnus (preference to UNSW Canberra alumni)
- You are in the process of making the transition from the military to civilian life; or
- You have made the transition and would like further support from an experienced mentor
- You submit an online application by Monday 30 March 2020
Am I eligible to apply for the program as a mentor?
As a mentor you are eligible to participate in this program if:
- You are a UNSW Canberra graduate or industry leader
- You have at least 2 years professional experience in the civilian workforce post military career
- You submit an online application by Monday 30 March 2020.
What are the benefits of being a mentee?
As a mentee this program will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop and improve your career skills in the context of the civilian workforce
- Cultivate both personal and professional networks
- Get to know a leader in your chosen field who has managed to navigate the transition from the military to the civilian workforce
- Gain first-hand knowledge into transitioning to the civilian workforce
- Expand your knowledge of career options and provide a tangible link between study, employment and industry
What are the benefits of being a mentor?
As a mentor this program will give you the opportunity to:
- Gain personal fulfilment through assisting to shape and develop the civilian career of fellow alumni
- Develop yourself professionally – enhance leadership, communication and management expertise
- Contribute to the education community through knowledge and skill sharing
- Reflect on own career/personal aspirations
- Network with other mentors