UNSW Alumni Host Program Registration - Canberra
About the Program
Each year students come from around the world to study at UNSW Canberra – help us welcome them and their families to the wonderful Canberra community. The program links alumni and students inviting them to meet at least twice face-to-face throughout the year.
Volunteering to become an alumni host is open to all UNSW alumni living in the ACT and surrounds who are willing to share their Canberra knowledge and tips with new international UNSW students.
This year, student participation is open to all international students currently studying at UNSW Canberra – our newly arrived students who would like some help settling into Canberra and discovering their new home, and our students who have been in Canberra for a while but who would like to meet new people and learn some new things about the city they call home.
Program objectives and requirements:
- Provide newly arrived UNSW International students with an opportunity to learn about the culture of UNSW and Canberra from local Alumni.
- Provide UNSW International students with an opportunity to meet Alumni and make local friends.
- Provide UNSW Alumni with an opportunity to interact with current students, and to share their interests and knowledge about Canberra.
- Organise at least 2 face-to face catch-ups during the program. Some suggestions include a visit to a museum or gallery, a walk or other exercise, or a coffee or a meal.
- This is a rolling program with intakes in April and August.
If you’re interested in becoming an alumni host or a student participant, please fill out the registration form below. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.