As cyber security moves to the top of global political, scholarly and commercial agendas, the Australian Centre for Cyber Security (ACCS) provides world-class, cutting-edge, long-term, international thought-leadership in cyber security through research, education and external engagement.
The Centre builds on close working relationships with both domestic and international industry and government,
including UNSW's unique half-century relationship with Defence. UNSW's existing and emerging research strengths
are enhanced through the ACCS in five broad research areas:
- computer and network security
- risk management
- international politics and ethics
- big data analytics for security
The ACCS combines expertise from a range of relevant communities: political, cyber industry, defence, academic,
individual and organizational users, and media.
The Centre brings together researchers from across UNSW, including:
- UNSW Canberra School of Engineering and Information Technology
- UNSW School of Computer Science and Engineering, including the Cybersecurity and Privacy Laboratory
- The Australian Centre for Space Engineering Research
- UNSW Law School, and its Australian Human Rights Centre and Australasian Legal Information Institute
- UNSW Canberra School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- UNSW Canberra School of Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences
ACCS is grateful to the following firms and organisations for their support: Australian Information Security Association, Australian Federal Police, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, Cisco, Codenomicon, Comdate,
Elbit Systems, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, (ISC)2, Northrop Grumman, NTT Communications, Nuix, RSA, Symantec, Tier-3 Huntsman, and TokenOne.
To discuss how you can support ACCS, please contact:
The ACCS Centre Manager
Telephone: 61+ (2) 6268 8350
PO Box 7916, Canberra BC ACT 2610