Business Development Manager - Defence
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Newly created position within Enterprise & Innovation
- Support and enable UNSW research and commercialisation goals
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
Business Development Manager – Defence
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity, delivering from Research Excellence, as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government and help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will focus on identifying new partners and opportunities for UNSW technologies, R&D, innovation and broader capability. They will leverage UNSW technologies and capability to build relationships with external partners including industry, defence, government and communities to generate revenue across all knowledge exchange channels. These include research partnerships (contract and collaborative) and IP commercialisation, as well as consulting and continuing education.
As an expert in the Defence sector, the Business Development Manager will operate as the key person between the University and external partners and will drive complex negotiations to ensure we achieve our ambitious 2025 strategy and revenue goals.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered, starting from $150k package.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (preferably post-graduate)
- Significant relevant experience in the Defence industry sector as aligned with University’s research strategy
- Proactive and motivated with a demonstrated ability to generate commercially beneficial networks and channels
- Outstanding track record of achievement in closing business deals including research partnerships (contract, collaborative, consulting) and IP commercialisation (licences, spinouts/start ups, Intellectual Property).
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use sound judgment in resolving issues as they arise
- Demonstrated experience developing commercial deals, partnerships and IP agreements
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate significant revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria). Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
To Apply: Please follow the link to the UNSW Careers Portal Position Number - 61145, and sign in or register as a new user.
Find out more about working at UNSW at unsw.adfa.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document