Call for Tutorials
Call for Tutorials
2015 Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
AI'15 invites proposals for the Tutorial Program. The Tutorial Program to be held on Friday, December 1, 2015, immediately prior to the main technical programme of AI'15. Tutorials are expected to give an overview presentation of emerging and exciting topics that are relevant to the Artificial Intelligence community.
We seek proposals for 1.5 hours tutorials on core areas that enjoy broad interest within the AI community. We are interested in tutorials on established as well as emerging research topics and practical applications of AI. We also welcome tutorials on external topics that can motivate or use AI research.
|Proposal submission deadline:||1 June 2015|
|Proposal acceptance notification:||1 July 2015|
|Tutorials:||1 December 2015|
Requirements for Tutorial Proposal:
Those interested in presenting a tutorial should submit a proposal in PDF form to
A tutorial proposal should contain the following information:
- A two-sentence description of the tutorial, suitable for inclusion in the conference registration brochure.
- A two-paragraph description of the tutorial, suitable for the conference web page.
- A detailed outline of the tutorial.
- A characterization of the potential target audience for the tutorial, including prerequisite knowledge.
- A brief resume of the presenter(s), which should include:
- Name and affiliation
- Postal address
- Phone numbers
- E-mail address
- Short biographies of presenter(s)
- Background in the tutorial area
- Information about previous tutorials (title, location, number of attendees, etc.) if any.
The selection of tutorials to be included in the final AI'15 programme will be based upon: scientific/technical interest of the topics, the quality of the proposal, balance of topics, and the capacity of the conference tutorial program. Authors of proposals addressing similar and/or overlapping content areas and/or audiences may be requested to merge their proposals.
Responsibilities of AI'15:
For successful proposals, AI'15 will be responsible for the followings:
- Providing publicity for the tutorial series as a whole
- Providing logistic support and a meeting place for the tutorial
- AI'15 reserves the right to cancel any tutorial if too few attendees register for the tutorial to support its running costs.
Please feel free to contact the chair if there are any questions on eligibility, applications, or the submission process.
Dr. Nina Narodytska, at email@example.com