The course is centred around the crucial and relevant cyber security skills and techniques needed to protect and defend your organisation’s business assets and information systems.
Training is delivered in a boot-camp style format and with integrated hands-on lab exercises designed to give you the chance to test your newly acquired skills.
Skills/competencies/knowledge that would be gained through this course:
- Understand the cyber threats and vulnerabilities of computer networks, protocols, applications and network equipment.
- Understand how cyber professionals apply cyber security frameworks to defend against threats and manage risks.
- Understand common attack vectors, different classes of attacks and types of cyber attackers.
- Understand how cryptography works to protect information
- Understand the role of professionalism and ethical conduct and its ramifications on working relationships and society.
- Understand future trends in the cyberspace that can increase risk and understand how professionals can plan for currently understood future threats.
- Understand the role of key industry frameworks (in particular, NIST CSF, ISO 27001 and (ISC)² frameworks in cyber security.
- Use Linux command line tools to determine network content, passwords and vulnerabilities.