UNSW Canberra at ADFA
Northcott Drive, Campbell
Naval Shipbuilding Enterprise: Its Contribution to Navy Strategy
The 2018 Goldrick Seminar will be co-convened by the Australian Naval Institute, the Submarine Institute of Australia and the Australian Centre for the Study of Armed Conflict and Society (ACSACS), UNSW Canberra.
The seminar will feature an array of eminent speakers from Defence, industry and academia.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mr Peter Chesworth, First Assistant Secretary, Naval Shipbuilding Taskforce
- Mr Brent Clark, former CEO, Naval Group
- Rear Admiral Stephen Johnson USN (retired), Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group General Manager Submarines & A/Deputy Secretary National Naval Shipbuilding
- Rear Admiral James Goldrick AO CSC RAN (Retd), Adjunct Professor UNSW Canberra
- Rear Admiral Mark Hammond, Deputy Chief of Navy, RAN
- Vice Admiral Peter Jones AO DSC RAN (Retd), ANI President
- Rear Admiral Jonathan Mead RAN, Commander Australian Fleet
- Dr David Kershaw, Chief of Maritime Division, DST
- Mr Nigel Stewart, SEA 5000 Managing Director, BAE Systems
It will feature a plenary session with three keynote speakers, followed by a set of syndicate streams intended to examine three key concepts:
A general presentation and open forum stream will also be held in parallel to the syndicate streams, and the key points raised in these sessions will be included in a set of findings to be delivered during the final plenary session to Navy at the end of the day.
Participants should indicate which of the four streams they wish to join when they register.
At the conclusion of the seminar, the 2018 Australian Naval Review will be launched.
Bookings and registrations close at 5pm on Thursday, 6 September.
Dress: W7/Business casual attire
Cost: $75 for ANI members, $85 for non-members, $145 for seminar attendance + ANI membership to 30 June, 2019 (includes morning tea and lunch).
ADFA Midshipmen and Officer Cadets: complimentary registration.