The NSG’s output includes:
- Producing, in conjunction with the Creative Media Unit, the critically acclaimed Australian Naval History podcast series. This is done in partnership with the Australian Naval Institute, the Seapower Centre Australia, the Naval Historical Society of Australia and the Submarine Institute of Australia.
- Writing or contributing to maritime and naval books.
- Contributing to the activities of the Maritime Security Research Group,
- Conducting a Naval Operations Course tailored to specific groups.
- Conducting workshops and seminars.
- Mentoring and offering advice on the study of maritime and naval affairs.
- Networking and collaborating both within Australia and internationally.