ROS is UNSW's system for capturing and reporting research publications and outputs. The system is designed to help reduce the time and effort spent on managing publication and research outputs across the university. The system offers several functionalities to support UNSW researchers including:
- streamlined, and in many cases automated, publications data entry
- impact measurements, including H-indexes, citation counts and Altmetrics
- easy export options that may assist in the creation of publication lists for CVs, grants and promotion applications
- collecting and collating data for HERDC and other research assessment exercises
- uploading accurate publication information to the UNSW Research Gateway
ROS is also integrated with UNSWorks, UNSW's institutional repository. This streamlines the process for uploading publications to the repository to make open access copies available and to meet the ARC and NHMRC open access mandate requirements. As a result of this integration you can use ROS to:
- create a link between your publication and any associated grants. ROS will then automatically send metadata about this publication to UNSWorks to meet the first part of the ARC and NHMRC open access mandate requirements
- upload full text copies of your publications to UNSWorks where copyright permits.
ROS also includes SHERPA RoMEO deposit advice for journal articles, making it easier to check if you are permitted to upload a copy of your article.