Add a Course Readings List to Moodle
1. Email your course readings list to the library
- To add a course readings list to Moodle, first email your list to the library’s Course Readings Team: email@example.com
- The Course Readings Team will add your list to the Leganto platform
- You will be notified via email when your list is processed.
2. Open your course in Leganto
- When you receive your email notification, it will include a permalink to your course in Leganto.
- Click on this link to open your course.
3. Copy links from Leganto
From Leganto, you have the option to copy
an entire reading list
- Select the ellipse adjacent to the course name
- Select the ellipse adjacent to the section or week heading. This will copy all the readings under that heading
an individual record
- Select the ellipse adjacent to the title of the reading
- A menu appears
- Select ‘Link from the course to here’
- Select ‘Copy to Clipboard’, then ‘Close’
4. Paste your link into Moodle
- Open Moodle
- Turn editing on
- Select the week or section relevant to the reading
- Scroll to the bottom of the section, and choose ‘Add an activity or resource’
- A menu appears
- Select ‘External tool’
- Click the ‘Add’ button
5. Name your reading
- In the ‘Activity name’ field, type the title of your reading or list. n.b. if you would like to copy and paste a citation into this field, leave this step until last.
- Go to ‘Preconfigured tool’ and choose ‘Leganto Link’ from the dropdown
- Select ‘Show more…’
- Scroll down, and paste your Leganto link into the ‘Custom parameters’ field
To enter a citation in the name field:
scroll back up to the ‘Activity name’ field. Copy and paste your citation into the empty field.
The citation will appear as a link on your Moodle page.
- Click ‘Save and return to course’