Update on Academy Library access (21.02.2022)
Library staffed hours are now 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
The Library's 24/7 service has commenced.
Swipe access using your ID card is required for 24/7 entry outside of the staffed hours. Please avoid tailgating – it is important that each individual client that enters swipes their card.
Scanning the CBR-Safe QR code on entry is voluntary however clients will be expected to comply with any ACT Health Directives (e.g. face-mask wearing) and to follow hygiene and distancing protocols when using the Library.
Staff and students are asked not to come into the Library if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been directed by ACT Health, or other authorities to quarantine or isolate. Please keep an eye on the Library’s home page for up to date information regarding upcoming Library notices, events and announcements. You can also contact us in person, via our Ask Us enquiry service or by telephoning 0434 369 043.
Community borrowers and visitors can make appointment to visit between 9.00 am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Please follow the link to our Ask Us service to make an appointment.
Borrowing and access to physical items
- The Canberra Library collections are available to UNSW Canberra and Sydney staff and students for borrowing.
- Standard loans will continue to automatically renew except for clients whose record is due to expire.
- Returning and reshelving of physical items have recommenced but there may be some delays in availability on shelves.
- Intercampus loan requests have been reinstated between UNSW Canberra and UNSW Sydney.
- Recalls for items on loan will not impact current loans. Due dates will not change. Notifications will not be sent. Requests will be queued.
- Off-campus requests will be reinstated for registered users. Clients impacted by COVID-19 will be eligible for the off-campus service.
- Digital copies of journal articles and book chapters will continue to be supplied and delivered.
- The book option on the ILL form has been reactivated. As access to other library collections may remain restricted for some time, eBooks will be purchased to fill these requests where possible.
- Clients will be referred to UNSW Canberra Library Ask Us to find alternative sources when requests cannot be filled.
In addition to our in-person services, the Academy Library will continue to provide quality support through digital channels. Research support is being provided onsite however you can still use the Library’s website to: