Library Mediated Retrieval Service now in operation!
The Academy Library is currently operating a mediated retrieval service for UNSW Canberra staff and students requiring physical items from its collection. Items can be requested via the Retrieval Request form.
· The onsite collection service is available from 9:30 to 17:00 to UNSW Canberra staff and students.
· Clients can borrow up to 5 items per week.
· Most Academy Library’s physical items (i.e. print books and AV items) will be available for loan.
· UNSW Sydney Library items are not currently available for loan. Canberra Course Reserve collection material is only accessible onsite and via scanning requests.
· A temporary postal service has been introduced to send items to staff and students who are unable to come on campus. Note that titles which have an electronic version in addition to a print holding will not be posted.
· Postgraduate coursework students will continue to be supported using electronic resources as much as possible.
This mediated service is offered in the context of a stable and/or improving COVID-19 situation. Strict physical distancing and material handling and hygiene protocols will required to be adhered to by library staff and by clients. If COVID-19 guidance changes significantly it is possible that the Academy Library would reduce or cease onsite services.
We are asking clients to check item details, holdings and availability via SearchGateway before submitting their requests. To find this information you can do a search and click through the Available by request due to closure…. message to access the item record. You can then Submit Requests via Your Campus Form through the ADFA link.
If information services assistance is required to help identify items for study or research, clients can use the Ask Us Service.