Our Research Approach
The Public Service Research Group (PSRG) was established to partner with organisational clients to produce new insights into effective public service implementation and evaluation. We perform timely, high-quality and reliable research into public policy implementation. We bring a breadth of knowledge and a depth of experience to our work, taking an inter-disciplinary and inter-methodological approach that recognises the complexity of contexts and plurality of interests involved in any policy implementation.
Our research projects build local practice while advancing global knowledge. We enable independent practice and collaborative thinking, and provide educational activities that embed new policy and program implementation insights into practice settings. In doing so the PSRG is guided by five commitments:
- We use a recognition of the messy reality of implementation to inform our choices of different knowledge and tools to create novel insights
- We foster a holistic, system focused approach in all that we do, enabling a better understanding of the causes, rather than symptoms, of issues
- We engage in mutually beneficial relationships with partners, adopting an asset-based approach that enables the partner to achieve better outcomes and develop new capabilities
- We provide thought leadership and contribute to both local practice and global knowledge of public service delivery, implementation and evaluation
- We are professionals who deliver projects in a timely, quality and reliable manner.