About the Public Service Research Group
Professor Helen Dickinson, PSRG Director
We understand that implementing policy is tricky, and that tricky problems cannot be solved with a ‘cookie cutter’ approach. When we partner with a public sector organisation, we will work with them to understand the problem, develop a tailored solution, and build up the organisational and individual capacity to solve similar problems in the future.
Our approach is guided by 5 principles:
- We recognise the messy reality of implementation to inform our choices of different knowledge and tools to create novel insights
- We will foster a holistic, system focused approach in all that we do, enabling a better understanding of the causes, rather than symptoms, of issues
- We will engage in mutually beneficial relationships with partners, adopting an asset-based approach that enables the partner to achieve better outcomes and develop new capabilities
- We will provide thought leadership and contribute to both local practice and global knowledge of public service delivery, implementation and evaluation
- We are professionals who deliver projects in a timely, quality and reliable manner.