A/Prof. Xiao Hua Wang
The Sino-Australian Research Centre for Coastal Management
UNSW Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy
Canberra ACT 2600
Program 1: Coastal Oceanography
Program Leader: A/Prof. Xiao Hua Wang
Prof. Peter Steinberg, Prof. Emma Johnston, A/Prof. Moninya Roughan, Dr Andrew Kiss, Mr Chris Lane, Ms Zhibing Li, Mr Guan Dong Gao, Ms Amanda Xiao, Ms Zhixin Cheng, Mr Fanglou Liao, A/Prof Liz Tyo, Prof. Charles Lemckert
- To develop and apply hydrodynamics and sediment transport models in estuaries, ports, and turbid coastal environments;
- To explore the structure, function, dynamics and interactions of marine ecosystems and their relationships with common environmental stressors within estuarine and coastal waters;
- To develop regional coastal ocean observing and forecasting system.
Deliverables in 2016:
- UNSW-Sed to be coupled with FVCOM 4.0;
- Applications of UNSW-Sed in the WHP;
- Application for ACJRC to transform urban ports and harbours both in China and in Australia.