Graduation - Friday 18 September 2020
Note: we are closely monitoring the development of the COVID-19 pandemic and will comply with the latest federal and territory regulations and health advice. Further updates will be communicated regarding whether the graduation/conferral of degree ceremonies will be postponed or cancelled.
Graduation / Conferring of Awards Ceremony Attendance
I am attending
- Register as ATTENDING via myUNSW. Check name, address and degree specialisation are correct.
- Register for tickets for your guests (up to 3) and organise your Academic Dress (Regalia) hire, organise photography, framing and giftware via Scene to Believe. Please note: All registration, product and other enquiries for Scene to Believe will be available on their site later in the year
- Register for the Graduate Reception event via graduationevent.
I am not attending
- Indicate your non-attendance via myUNSW. Check name, address and degree specialisation are correct.
- Select how you would like to receive your graduation documents:
- Not Attending – Mail: your graduation documents will be sent to you after your scheduled ceremony date by either registered post within Australia, or by TNT courier outside Australia.
- Not Attending – Collect: your graduation documents will be available for collection at Student Administrative Services for one week following the conclusion of the ceremony
If you require evidence of your degree completion for work purposes, please email SAS@adfa.edu.au and a formal letter can be provided.
In order to graduate, it is a University requirement that all materials must be returned and all fines/fees must be settled. This includes any tuition fees, loans, library books, fines etc.
To welcome you to the UNSW Alumni Community and congratulate you on your graduation, UNSW Canberra Alumni and Engagement would like to invite you and your guests to join us for drinks and canapes following the graduation ceremony.
Time: Directly following each graduation ceremony
Who: Graduating class and guests
What: Drinks and refreshments
Graduating students will retain their myUNSW access for 18 months post completion of their degree. If you have any questions or issues relating to access please contact our ICTS Department on 02 6268 8140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
September Conferral (UNSW Graduation) RSVP Deadline
Finalise liability for graduation/conferral Deadline
Semester 1, 2020 Results Released
10 July 2020
Conferring of Degree Ceremony (UNSW Graduation)
18 September 2020
Schedule and Location of Events
2020 September Conferral - UNSW Canberra Graduation: Date and time of ceremony
Date: Friday 18 September 2020
Location: Adams Auditorium, Building 111 at the Australian Defence Force Academy.
All Degree Programs
Registration: 1.00pm to 1:30pm
Graduands to be seated no later than 1:30pm
Graduands who are not seated by the above times will be graduated in absentia and will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Academic Dress and Service Personnel Uniform
All graduands are required to wear the appropriate academic dress during the Degree Conferring Ceremonies.
At UNSW each faculty has different hood colours. At UNSW Canberra we have adopted the tri-service colour (Royal Purple) for our faculty.
For non-military graduands, the hood is designed to hook under a tie or a button. It is recommended that graduands wear a tie or buttoned shirt as this secures the hood and prevents it from moving during the ceremony. Staff will be on hand to assist in pinning the hood if required. Graduands are advised that there will be a requirement to walk up and down stairs in order to access the stage, therefore appropriate shoes are essential.
Hire of Academic Dress
To order all tickets, gowning, photography packages, framing or giftware please go to the Scene to Believe website.
Payment for academic dress hire is made on the website at the time you specify your details, degree, trencher and gown size.
A hire fee of $95.00 (inc GST) includes your gown, hood and trencher. For all graduates (excluding PhD) the trencher will be yours to keep as a gift to mark the special occasion. The deadline for the hire of academic dress is 5:00pm 10 December 2019.
Collection of Academic Dress
Academic dress hire will be available for collection for all graduands from 8.30am on Friday 18 September 2020 from the Airforce / Navy Room, Building 111.
Staff will be available in the Adams Auditorium one hour prior to each ceremony to assist graduands with their academic dress.
Return of Academic Dress
- Ceremony- Academic dress must be returned to the gowning area in Adams Auditorium within 2 hours of the ceremony on the day of graduation/conferral (11 December 2019)
Failure to return the academic dress by the specified deadline will incur a late fee of $100.00.
Service Personnel Uniform
The Director of ADFA Undergraduates has directed the following dress for service personnel:
All military personnel receiving a degree are to wear the following service dress under their academic dress:
Military staff and invited military guests are required to wear the dress of the day.
Ticket registration is completed through Scene to Believe once registration for graduation has opened. You can register for up to 3 guest tickets. You can also organise your regalia hire, photography, framing and giftware through this page.
Tickets will be available for collection on Friday 18 September at the gowning service area in Adams Auditorium when you collect your academic dress. Graduands must bring identification and will be required to sign for their allocated tickets.
Do not lose your guest tickets. Guests will not be able to enter the venue without a ticket.
Graduands or guests requiring special assistance in relation to accessibility and seating are advised to contact SAS@adfa.edu.au as soon as possible.
Graduation Photography and Giftware
To order all tickets, gowning, photography packages, framing or giftware, please go to the Scene to Believe website once registrations have opened.
All Graduands will be photographed as they receive their testamur on stage. This is an important moment as you graduate and it will be captured and available to you to look back on and remember.
Studio photography will be available on the conferral day. Photographs are printed instantly on site for you to take home on the day. You may also order high resolution digital copies of your photographs – supplied free of charge when ordering Platinum Packages.
A range of high quality frames specially created to protect your hard earned testamur will be available. Ensure your desired frame will be available on the day, by ordering online when you order your graduation regalia. Framing services will be located in the Building 111.
Framing services available to graduands not attending on the day, by ordering online.
Graduands are welcome to purchase an embroidered UNSW Canberra hoodie via here. Once you have purchased a hoodie, please ensure you bring a copy of your Confirmation Email to pick this up at the post-ceremony Alumni event. Please note, there is one colour (navy) and limited stock.
2020 September Graduation Checklist:
- Have you registered your attendance?
- Have you registered for guest tickets (up to 3)?
- Have you ordered your Academic Dress through Scene to Believe?
- Have you organised photography, framing and giftware?
- Have you paid all outstanding debt? In order to graduate, all library fees and loans must be settled prior to graduation day.
- If your guests require mobility assistance, have you contacted Student Administrative Services at email@example.com?
Links to register and further information for these checklist items can be found in the related tabs above.
Student Administrative Services, UNSW Canberra
Telephone: +61 2 6268 6000
Facsimile: +61 2 6268 8666
Ground Floor, Adams Auditorium, Building 111,
UNSW Canberra Campus
Monday to Thursday – 08.30 to 16.30
Friday* – 08.30 – 16.00
* On the first Friday of each month Student Administrative Services closes at 13.00.