At UNSW Canberra, your Student ID Card is also known as UNSW ID Card, ADFA Card, or simply ID Card. Students who are required to be on campus and access Library online resources should note that it is a condition of enrolment at UNSW Canberra that you obtain and retain a Student ID Card for the entirety of your study with UNSW Canberra. Failure to obtain a Student ID Card will severely limit your access to services. While on campus you should always display your Student ID Card.
Trainee Officers for the ADF will get their student card during the YOFT (Year one familiarisation training) when they first commence at ADFA.
Non-defence & DCUS
Obtaining your Student ID Card in Person
Please visit the ICTS Helpdesk – located on the ground floor of Building 14 – with a valid form of photo ID (Driver’s license or passport)
ICTS Staff will take your photo and then print and activate the Student ID Card for UNSW Canberra building access.
If you are not located on campus and would like to order and receive your Student ID Card Via Mail
Please send an email from your UNSW Canberra Student email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and attachments:
- Student number
- Mailing address
- Copy of a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Passport)
- Passport size photo that meets the below requirements
Passport Size Photo Requirements:
The JPEG file that you submit to ICTS needs the following:
- Dimension: Minimum specifications: 328 pixels wide x 370 pixels high in true colour.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera with a neutral background.
- You must be in appropriate clothing.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable.
In all instances your Student ID Card will be mailed to you unless you advise the ICTS Helpdesk that you wish to collect it in person on campus.
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework: A Student ID Card can only be printed if you are enrolled in at least one subject in the current semester and cannot be printed more than 4 weeks prior to that semester commencing.
T: +61 2 5114 5678