Traffic control over overlayed networks
The emergence of Ipv6 allows a node to use multiple paths connecting itself to a destination to transfer data for high performance. The questions that one needs to consider are:
- How to select paths dynamically that can maximize its performance?
- How to distribute packets to each path that can balance the traffic on the available paths?
- How avoid competition with other users (game theory in distributed control)?
- How to predict traffic on each path/link (related to network tomography)
- Relayer selection and functions
- Interconnection between overlays
- Whether the above steps will lead to a stable system?
We have some basic results in this direction, but a lot of them require further investigation.